Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pocketful of Sunshine

So here is my update on my life so far: I finally finished up on my maymester! Woohoo!! I am so glad it is over! I have been working about 30 hours every week for the past month as well as taking classes so I have really not had much of a life. :(


I went home this past Friday to watch my brother graduate from high school. It was sort of a bittersweet time. I am really proud of my brother because he actually graduated!! (Those of you who know Taylor totally understand what I mean by that last statement) It is bittersweet because he is finally able to get out of the house, and this is a good thing because Taylor and my dad really need some time away from each other. They argue a lot and it will be good for them to spend get out from under the same roof. I am very worried thought because he is off to college and that means no more mom telling him he has to go to church. It breaks my heart when I hear of all the things my brother does, I just pray that God will move in his life and help him live the life of the Christ Follower that I know he can/should be. I pray that God puts someone in Taylor's life that is an example of this type of God loving man that he should strive to be.

Jordan and I have just finished our 2nd week in the devotional that we are doing. God has shown me so many things through this study. This week was about Grace. God has shown me how I often take advantage of His grace that He has given me. I don't appreciate it the way I should and allow it to show in my life. My prayer is that God continues to strengthen Jordan and I's relationship through Him. I feel like for the first time in 3 1/2 years that Jordan and I are growing spiritually not just individually but as a couple. I pray that we continue to strive for the Godly relationship that we are meant to have.

I ask that y'all pray for my brother as he starts this next part of his life. And also pray that Jordan and I continue growing closer to Christ together through this study.

No comments: