Monday, June 16, 2008

The Past Couple Weeks in Review....

So here is the update on my life! So last week was one of the hardest weeks that I have had to deal with in awhile. It started out with Jordan leaving for his two week vacation. He went to Austin for a week and is now at pre-teen camp for a week. It has been hard but I am adjusting (slowly but surely!). My week started off with me waking up Monday morning not really being able to swallow all that well, and I definitely couldn't talk. My first thought/concern was "oh no, not mono again!" So I scheduled an appointment at the UNT Health Center. I was in a lot of pain and not handling it well because I was all by myself. I saw the doc and found out that it was strep throat and I would be better within the next week! So that was definitely an answered prayer! She gave me some pills to take and said that I would be feeling better within 24 hours. I went home and took the pills as soon as I could. And when I went to swallow the pills it was a whole lot harder than I thought, I mean why do they give you these huge horse pills if you can't really swallow already because your tonsils are almost touching???? Anyhoo...I only ended up missing one day of work and got to feeling a lot better!

Jordan and I finished up our first month of the bible study and this past weeks lesson was over studying and meditating on God's word. I was definitely struggling with this one because I find it hard to just sit and read the bible. I find it is easier for me to do a devotional book or something to help me meditate on God's word. My prayer is that God continues working on me and helping get to that place were I can just read His word on it's own.

My roommate is finally coming back from her mission trip to Africa! Yay, for not being at the apt. by myself anymore!!!! :) I can't wait till she gets back so that I can hear about all the wonderful things that God did in Africa and how it changed her life!

I am glad to hear that Lockhart's beach break went well and am very excited to learn that they are going to be coming to MA in a couple weeks!! I really hope/pray Nic will let me tag along when I can!

1 comment:

missval said...

woo hoo for Kaylen's blogspot! i just made mine. i'm trying to figure out how to fix it up. So please feel free to send me some suggestions or comments. i'm glad i can keep up with ya now! ; )