Thursday, July 24, 2008

So it has been awhile since I have blogged and Jordan has been giving me crap about it so here is my new blog enjoy! :)

So the past month has been kind of crazy and here is a short list of the 'big' things that have been going on.

  • I started selling Mary Kay and it has going pretty well. I really enjoy selling Mary Kay because, it not only gives me extra money, it is an AWESOME oppurtunity to meet people and show them the love of Christ!
  • I also found a new place to live (hopefully until it is time to leave Denton). It is this really cute 'mother-in-law' house. It is a one bedroom home that is basically like a guest house behind someone's home. I can't wait to move in, because not only I will be through with the stress of moving but Salty will have a huge yard to play in.
  • Jordan and I have been fortunate enough to be able to see each other at least once a week so far and it has made this transition a little bit easier. I still miss him a ton but it is really nice to at least meet up with him and spend a couple hours together.

I would like to share this next topic with my many, many readers ;) so that y'all can be in prayer for me. This past 6 months or so I have been really struggling with not wanting to go to school. Now this is not just a typical college student not wanting to go to class feeling, I don't want to go to class because I want to be able to just go somewhere and serve people. Whether that be here in the states or in some foreign country. I just have this passion to serve people and share with them Christ's love. I know that God is using me here in Denton, but I just really want to be done with school and get on with my life after it. So my biggest struggle/prayer request right now is having patience and know that God's timing is SO much better than my timing and that I am where I need to be right now.

I am going to be spending the next couple weeks moving and getting settled in the new house. I am ready to get it all over with. Until next time, adios!

P.S. I am looking for a good, challenging book to read right now, so if anyone who happens to read this has a suggestion please let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will always suggest C.S. Lewis- The Screwtape Letters or Mere Christianity. :-)

-Heather